Independent Living Near Me in Holladay, Utah
Moving into an independent living community is a significant life decision. Finding the best place to call home takes time and research. So, where do you start?
Independent living amenities and services vary widely between communities. Most offer activities, housekeeping, dining, and transportation. But each community has its own unique features, staff, and price tag.
An excellent independent community will provide all the activities you need to continue living a healthy lifestyle for many years. Read our steps on how to find the right independent living community near you:
Step 1: Make a List of Wants
As you look through your options, consider your personal needs, wants, and the lifestyle you would love. Before anything, create a list with what you must have in a community. Then create another list of bonus amenities you would like but can live without. The community you choose should check all the boxes on your first list, and as many as possible on the second.
Knowing what you want out of an active senior living environment will make it easier to hone in on the one most likely to offer what you need. Sit down, think about all you want out of life, and take some notes you can keep handy during your independent living search.
Some questions to consider?
- Do you prefer shopping, restaurants, and a bustling city center?
- Or, are you more inclined toward long walks on nature trails?
- Is there a new hobby you’ve been wanting to start up or an old one you want to be sure to continue?
- Do they offer a wide variety of activities and programs?
- Do they provide fitness programs and classes?
- Are there classes, lectures, and other learning opportunities offered regularly?
- Are there volunteer opportunities inside and outside the community?
Step 2: Google’ Independent Living Near Me’
Search for independent living communities to see what’s nearby in the Holladay, Utah area. Simply Google’ independent living near me’ or ‘the best senior living near me.’ A list of independent living communities in Holladay will pop up and give you a snapshot of what each has to offer.
Each community will have its website listed so you can get insights into what each option costs and what activities and amenities they offer. Most importantly, take time to read the reviews to see what other residents have to say about their personal experiences. This should help you pinpoint which community will likely be the best fit for you.
Some questions to consider are:
- Is the community located near family and friends?
- Is the neighborhood safe?
- Do you have access to in-home care?
- Are housekeeping, maintenance, and laundry provided?
- Do they offer transportation services?
Step 3: Decide your Price Point
Senior living communities come at various price points, from affordable to very expensive for luxury communities. Avoid frustration and disappointment in the future by establishing a realistic price point for you that is based on your available resources.
Step 4: Visit Your Top Spots
Before making any final decision, go see these places in person. Head out to see the top independent living communities with your own eyes. The community you choose will play a massive role in your life in the coming years. You want to be sure you make the right choice.
Spend some time on the grounds: explore, have a meal, and sit in on an activity you’re interested in. Does what you see come close to the active senior lifestyle you envisioned?
Some questions to consider are:
- Are you greeted promptly and warmly?
- Do the staff members address residents by name and show respect?
- Are the residents friendly and welcoming?
- Do you feel safe and comfortable?
- Is the community clean and well maintained?
- Are safety features in place?
- Does the dining area look and smell inviting?
- Do they accommodate special diets?
Step 5: Make Your Choice!
It’s finally time to decide after touring your top retirement community choices. You may already have a gut instinct about the best option. If not, think about what’s most important to you and choose based on that.
Visit Spring Gardens in Holladay | Independent Living Near Me
Choosing a senior living community is a big decision, and feeling overwhelmed is normal. Follow our steps to help make the process more manageable. And please stop by Spring Gardens Senior Independent Living in Holladay. We offer independent living, assisted living and memory care. You never know, we could possibly be the perfect fit for you.